In order to assess if Sarah is the doula who will serve your family best, she offers an initial, free consultation.
Postpartum doula fee: $55-$60 per hour.
Minimum of 4 hours per visit.
Overnight Postpartum Care
Postpartum doula overnight fee:
$500 per 8 hour shift (10pm-6am)
$625 per 10 hour shift (8pm-6am)
Expert Listening and Parent Coaching
Sarah is not a therapist. She is an expert listener. By offering nonjudgmental and empathetic listening, Sarah provides you with a space to be heard. As you adjust to your new role as parents, Sarah provides practical tools which inform and empower you, enabling you to parent from a deep rooted belief in your own capabilities as your child's parent.
Expert Listening and Parent Coaching is offered virtually in 1 hour sessions. Fee: $75 per hour.
Phone & Email Support // Covid-19
As your postpartum doula, Sarah offers complimentary phone and email support.
For families who, due to Covid-19 concerns, prefer remote support, Sarah offers virtual postpartum support, in 1 or 2 hour sessions.
Virtual Support Fee: $75 per hour.
*Gift Certificates Available*
As a Postpartum Doula, Sarah will:
- Offer evidence-based information for baby care so that families can make decisions with confidence.
- Share knowledge and tips for baby soothing.
- Care for baby while parents nap or rest.
- Perform light household tasks and organizational projects, to ensure parents are not becoming overwhelmed.
- Include siblings and extended family in the postpartum adjustment period.
- Sit and listen to parents as they share (if they choose) their experience of pregancy, birth and the postpartum transition to parenthood.
As a Postpartum Doula, Sarah Does Not:
Perform any clinical tasks or provide medical treatment
Postpartum doulas are not medical professionals. Doulas are not qualified to diagnose or treat mother, baby or family members in any medical capacity. Sarah can refer clients to medical professionals or specialists, such as lactation specialists, as needed.
Make decisions for you
As parents, decisions regarding your care, your baby's care and your family's care, are yours.
Project any of my own beliefs onto your experience
As a postpartum doula, Sarah cares for clients from a deep rooted belief that postpartum care should be unbiased and non-judgemental.
(Please note that Sarah does not do "deep cleaning" such as cleaning bathrooms or mopping floors)